Scrying. It's my Psychic Blog and I'll Scry if I want to... but what does that even mean?

To scry - to foretell information by way of using light on a reflective surface. Famously used, the crystal ball or mirrors.  Ultimately, the goal of the 'scrying session' should be to open one's third eye, perceive new information and provide foresight, new intuition on a vision or topic.


Light gazing, staring into a fire, gawking into your favorite crystal as the afternoon light moves through the fibers, can all help relax the body and mind and instigate the hypnogogic state that allows for mindful meditation.

Slower, deeper breathing, more oxygen and healing to the body, a light and dizzy sense of the world, the peripheral world melds into the details of your focus and you think of the back of your mind - the space between - the thoughts that are coming and going between you and the focal object.

I love to scry with gemstones, crystals and tinted spheres.  One amazing assignment my psychic mother and her intuitive friends would motivate, was scrying over old photos for possible information on the subject.  With the help of google image (reverse search) or just trust in NOT looking at the back or getting the story until AFTER the session is complete, I scry with old photos from estate sales. 

I look over their faces, their eyes, gaze into myself and just breath the energy in... then out.  I try to talk out loud about whatever information comes to me and then see what I actually grasp. How much of my information is 'accurate', 'relevant', 'helpful'?  Those three pillars are my check points. Not right, wrong, but WHAT and WHY.  Learning about intuition is a two-way street so you learn just as much about your own intuition and gift as you do about the subject you're focusing your third eye upon.





Fascinating.
This SCRYING Box is available in my CURIO BOX Shop and comes with a collection of old photographs and psychic practicing suggestions.

Do you scry? Do you prefer flat or rounded, fibrous or clear mediums? Why or why not?

Comments

Popular Posts