Culling the Herd

With moving up north, it means I have to cull a lot of items that just aren't worth moving with me. Some items are those that I have outgrown, others are items my husband has asked I leave behind and some, well, some are growing out of control.

For those of us that work in the spiritual, that investigate the paranormal, that celebrate the natural - it's likely we have strange collections, and hoard for our own reasons. Filling voids, easing attachments, triggering memories and others we even HURT to think of letting go of.  I often curse to the wind, "Damn you Brave Little Toaster!" every time an appliance breaks or something (THING) I've loved has moved on/broken/lost/stolen.


The Curio Box Shop 
This time, I'm MAKING THE CHOICE to let go of some items because I feel they will be best with others. Other items are inspiring self-growth and allowing me to purge items that I know can be a part of a bigger set, a bigger picture, writings on mental health and even experimenting with psychology. Healing and retail therapy on the 8th level, the spiritual level, and allowing STUFF to go from a George Carlin skit to becoming an anchor of spiritual growth and validation for others.

Recently I had someone give me their more negative perspective, and it was validation that my goals and manifestations are far from what most can imagine. You see, I have an on-going obsession with language, psychology and also what it means 'to be haunted'.   People often reach out to me as clients of mental health, wanderers and seekers of the unknown, early witches, wise witches, skeptical students and even those that are skeptical of themselves; exploring what it means to experience 'haunted'.  Items sometimes do that. 

People will bring me their dad's pocket watch in hopes of tuning into his spirit beyond the veil.
People will come to my sister at a psychic conference and be clenching their loved ones' most prized possession in hopes that it has a sliver of their energy, their soul, something to spark a connection.
Other items are considered 'a bad memory', a trigger, a worry stone, or even special. Some items are SO special and holy that they can even alter energy beyond thought, belief and emotional consoling but they can heal, they can change energy and even dispel evil.  Objects can ward, protect, and seem to do SO MANY things - and yet to others, they are stuff.

What is the difference between stuff and SHIT?  Perspective, experience, psychometric lingering, intuition, attachment, response - psychological marketing of the soul. Some items are 'holy fucking shit the same trinket my grandma used to have' and it becomes priceless. A memory resurrected; a soul retold and as the Egyptians might have us believe, a KA whispered back into existence at the very sight of a THING.

Thrift stores, antique stores, old markets, back alleyway dumpsters, homeless clients, dying clients, clients who believed they were saved, items I've collected, found, lost and paid for. Items I've rehydrated, resurrected, studied, cried and even laughed over. Items that inspire me, items that protect me and items that I believe have power. They come to me in all sorts of ways, but one thing is for sure - I have hand, eyes, intuition, picked them.  Some, came to me through a friend, family, strangers...

These THINGS inspire spiritual growth. They challenge perspective, thought and even belief. These THINGS were tossed, saved, found, and at one point, created. They have a history from their maker, a story of their journey and energy that is inspired within us.  These items, MY CURIO BOX experiment is a way for me to let go, heal, and also heal others.

THE CURIO BOX is a sort of psychological experiment. It not only inspires, creates, heals and encourages spiritual growth, but it branches out to collaborate with people all over the world. Artists, seekers, people and their things have inspired a story and psychic intuition imprint and with that, each item has a story to retell in the eyes of its new owner. Each item is meditated on, cleansed, spiritually 'released' and then shipped to their new home with a psychic reading (which you have to choose to open and read, you don't have to), spiritual items and a spell.

Spiritual Items? What the hell does this mean? Well, I want to use Wilmet as an example. He came to me from a friend and after reading about his maker, his story, his creative process, I was inspired.  Everyone he meets, wants him.  Everyone who sees him, asks how much.  Everyone who touches him almost starts to talk in a high pitched voice, as if he were a real cat, and he instigates change.  Like a gargoyle, he sits astute with a clear cat-energy. His ears are tucked back, leather stretched and stained just so, and his glass eyes are vacant - yet full.  Wilmet is hollow, which makes him the perfect alter item.
Alter Item: Something to decorate a space for purpose. A trigger item for specific energy direction, instigating thought, connection, meditation and something chosen for focus. 


Example Alters - Anna & Sarah 
 Spiritual items are usually going to complete my spiritual requirements for duality and balance. This means, via my Cherokee and Naturalist ways, you will have tactile symbols for Earth, Air, Water, Fire, Spirit.  Gemstones, crystals, soil or dirt. Spells, words, EVP audio, holy water, feathers, antiques; things that complete the personalized set.

Wilmet comes with cat bones, cat whiskers, holy water, amulets and gemstones as well as a spell only complete once he is adopted. Each item is chosen, explained and illustrated for the new owner and hopefully will instigate personal growth.


He steals attention, steals the show, and allows new people in your space to be distracted while you take in all the information you need. Information on cat idols, guards and folklore is included and each box is designed to TEACH

Witchery is growing but spirituality is dissolving.  The world is shrinking and the Village is over-saturated.  I hope to connect with people who are on the same path as I, with hopes of healing and learning, growth and evolution, and to connect personally through a range of ways.





Culling the herd is not just about parting with my things and creating a way to organize my focus and grow my spiritual world. Culling is about working hard and allowing those not in the same boat to distance themselves. Those who want to keep instead of those who want to share. Culling is about cutting spiritual cords and making room for new ones. Culling can be all about helping self through severing ties with others - to then connect more efficiently with others.

What things are YOU culling on this Last Quarter moon? As we approach the New Moon it is all about having a new, clean, plate to fill by the time the Universe is ready to provide. Doing the work to enjoy the relaxing.

Comments

  1. My wife and I are calling this the year of the "Purge" and for some reason your blog makes things clearer for me. I like the use of the word, culling and I appreciate your words and views. I would like to see both witchery and spirituality grow together. Out with the old and in with the useful. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts