Look alike - Do you have a Doppelganger?

A Doppelganger, if you catch me on the 'right day' I might be talking about a shape-shifting demon at a paranormal conference, or just lightly talking Ebonics about someone who looks like me.
I'm a big believer of profiling and phrenology, and I have that uncanny ability to 'remember a face'. 

So, I always find it interesting when people say I look like _________.  I"m always wondering what it is THEY SEE that makes them feel like I'm a look-a-like?
First, ME:
Me with dark hair, shooting with A&E

Me with light hair, shooting for 98.9 KTLK in Missouri
Me shooting an ad for Paranormal Sarah 

So, here are a few I get often, or that I've had in the past, what do YOU think?

On two occasions now, I've been approached by someone thinking I was Adele. It wasn't until I opened my mouth or they got closer that they apologized. Some photos I might take this as a huge compliment as we both have a but chin, high cheek bones and the same shaped face (but both of us struggle with weight). 

A recent friend sent me this screen-shot of a Life Guard in Australia who is on reality TV - I've not gotten three messages that people thing it's me! 

Another screen-shot of my most recent Doppelganger - the Biondi Beach Lifeguard. 

When I was younger, when I'm behind my guitar, or when I have my red highlights in, I've been mistaken for Miranda Lambert. Someone who after Kerosene, I took as a compliment.  Her and I share a lot of similar features, have the same curves and struggle with weight in certain places and have similar 'big foreheads'. :) 

I try not to cringe when someone tells me I look like SJP, especially as she gets older - but in the SEX IN THE CITY days, this was a common occurrence.  When I think of her in FLIGHT OF THE NAVIGATOR, I take it as a compliment, otherwise - yes, we both have big noses and curly hair. 

In Kansas City, Missouri - especially 18th and Vine - the Jazz and Blues areas, there is a famously known singer, Teena Marie. If someone didn't know my mom, and that I was HER daughter, people usually assumed that I was related to (or was in some cases) Teena Marie.  She has the same big lips, the jaw shape and curly hair and helps me to see the CHEROKEE in my blood. Otherwise, we're almost 43 years apart in age, so I'm hoping I look like her daughter and not her?



Comments

Popular Posts