National Frozen Food Day? Oh Hell...

I try not to eat frozen, but middle-class times call for middle-class measures. So, that means my freezer, at any given time, will be full of ice, tamales, veggies, fruits, smoothie packs, meat and something my dad gave me from a hunting/fishing trip. If I could have a deep freezer, I would!  I keep things like waffles on hand, frozen bread, and other little items that you never know you might need.


Of all our favorite things to eat from frozen, would have to be peas.  My little guys love peas from the frozen bags and they are easy to make.  If you must, you can microwave them first and then just prep them, but if you have time - try putting a bit of bacon grease/oil in the skillet.  Fry off some garlic, onion and then put in the bag of peas. Pour in a cup of bone broth/chicken broth and turn the heat up high and cover. Let this steam/cook until the peas are cooked through and then drain the liquid. You can salt/pepper and toss with a dash of butter. The kids gobble this up every time!


Yogurt, Nuts, Berries, Cinnamon - Put into a cake pan on parchment paper and freeze. Frozen yogurt bark is a great on-hand snack to keep in the freezer and a great way to re-use those metal tins from grandma!

Comments

Popular Posts