Sandwich Day, Okay... I'll give you my list.

Well, the place I recently worked as a manager and home to my favorite Minneapolis burger, the Bull Dog, has evolved. I've yet to get a chance to get a burger but knowing the staff and owner are all past employees, I hope the high standard beef still drips down your arm when eating it.

In my opinion, the key to a good sandwich is that each individual ingredient is the best. The bread is crunchy but not TOO crunchy. A lightly toasted Sun-dried Tomato Loaf from Panera, an onion baguette, or the perfect hamburger bun. Bread makes a sandwich, period.





Next you have mayo (not Miracle Whip) and yes, I'll accept any flamboyant aioli you pass my way. Call me the average white girl. A good fat based spread, Remoulade or sirachi mayo makes a sandwich even better.  Choose a good cheese, paired with your meat and possible mustard, and you're getting there.

Choose a good quality meat, not a bunch of grizzle or slime, and something local if you can. Peppered bacon added on it, always, or a drizzle of balsamic and you're golden.  Lettuce, spinach, spices, peppers... all that is extra.


Some of my favorite sandwiches:

Bulldog NE - Stray Dog: Rooster Burger (oh the pickles)
Minneapolis is known for the Juicy Loosey, though I've yet to have a good one.

All the others? Well, out of state or made in my own kitchen. ;)

Comments

Popular Posts