Aviation History Month, a celebration

Flying scares me in a sense that if you're going down, you're going down. I've been in thirteen car accidents and have survived, but how many people survive airplane crashes? Not like Harrison Ford and a small two-seater, but a big ol' 747? The stats aren't so good... Well, meh.
"NTSB data indicate that the survival rate even in the most serious accidents is about 77 percent."
Despite the anxiety attack I have getting on/off the plane and going through the airports, I will endure for the sake of travel. I adore traveling, and thankfully I live in an AGE that has seen flight evolve in major ways. I'm not rich, but I'm rich enough...











Flying above the world, looking down at the veins of the city below, are instigating of the most basic of epiphanies. It changes you. I can only imagine what an astronaut feels when he sees Earth as a speck from his window, but travel changes our perspective forever. The vessel, helps.

How will you celebrate Aviation History Month? I'm hoping to hit up the MN History Museum.

Comments

Popular Posts