Johnny Appleseed: A reason to plant seeds of celebration.

If adulting has taught me anything, it is that Life will shit on you constantly and that YOU have to make reasons to celebrate. There are some days that I celebrate not spilling coffee on myself or tripping over nothing. Most days, I'm doing great if I make it to work alive and on time, with breakfast, hot coffee and not forgetting something. I celebrate every chance I can and the verbalization, THANK YOU CARDS, and scheduling my own gifts on Amazon are the light in my life some days. Keeping the momentum of celebration going.




One thing I love to celebrate, is history and storytelling. Cooking, eating, exploring the landscape of our hometown and also learning where our food comes from. Johnny Appleseed Day is a cheat to spending the afternoon doing my favorite thing and planning trips to the local apple orchard.

Seeing the boys enjoy honey sticks from live bees, plucking apples from branch to bag and joining me in creating apple butter for the fall is a celebration I cannot miss.  The smells of cinnamon and apple in the air, the excuse to buy apple cider donuts and the priceless memories make for childhood milestones. As a mom, and a young child-at-heart, a day at the Orchard is a great way to celebrate Johnny Appleseed and his kindred love of apples!





Comments

Popular Posts