Catharsis : Photography Projects

I have a million projects goings, it's true. My husband thinks my brain is chaotic sometimes but it is in this chaos that I thrive. Like a big buzzing bee hive of ideas, creative storms, lighting strikes and energy growing on it's own if I just keep breathing my thoughts into it. Embers, smoke, a delicate necessity that I've learned to balance in my hand between fires; dangerous and required. It's this constant burning fire that keeps me going.

So, HOW do you USE it? As an artist, we say 'catharsis'. Let it out. I'll be blogging later this week on channeling, yoga, and even demonic possession in relation to this release of energy. The power of it is real. For me, photography can be a great way to productively release this energy. For example, a recent project for Nana Pegge.

She is a whimsical Virgo, a fellow dreamer, and has recently struggled with the opportunity to move to England for a family career position. She moves 'across the pond' from a log cabin just miles away from her grandchildren. She will miss many things, but have the opportunity for so much as well. Her heart aches for connection but she is enamored with all the landscape.  So, I decided to dress the boys up in Sherlock Holmes cosplay (with what he had laying in the closet) and to shoot an England-inspired shoot 'in search of Nana'.  A calendar, book, creation of a story...








The magic becomes real in our choice of actions. If you chose to take action, the action you take becomes you and changes others. It's very real.






If you like the photos, I hope you'll follow my INSTAGRAM and also share the photos, PIN, and BOOK a session! We would love to capture your family!


Comments

Popular Posts