All or Nothing Day. Perhaps a good reason to bravely show you...

The truth behind a Kidney Stone.
It's not pretty growing older, and allowing the honesty of physical pain to bleed through onto your spouses' image of you.  I struggle with getting sick because my pride has to take a back seat to the reality of my present being.  Pregnancy and childbirth allowed my husband to enter into my personal space, whether you want them to or not, and now... a kidney stone. I didn't think such a small nemesis would be the end of me, but growling out in pain while you pee over the toilet can strip you of your pride in moments. Kneeling over into the fetal position, crying out in pain, blood after every trip to the bathroom, and forcing yourself to relax.


The kidney stones were too big to pass on my own, and the infection too strong to have the surgery right away, so I'm left in kidney-stone purgatory to relish in the pain of relaxing with a stent.  A ureter stent, as in my previous post explained, is not fun or comfortable.  Today, I learned that I will finally have this one removed (as well as the stones) next week and another stent put back in for recovery.  A total of three more weeks and two more surgeries before I can pee alone in peace.  So, I can either cry and be sad or channel this into something productive....


In this three weeks, I'm starting a new job, booking photography sessions, blogging and writing like a mad-woman and also planning a trip to Kansas City, Missouri to visit family.  I enjoy the process of planning and organizing so though my calendar is marked up with 'not so fun' milestones, it would seem that August is going to be a busy month!  I'm proud to get up each morning, despite the pain I'll endure, and look forward to what I can accomplish and see how my body and willpower can prevail. I can take this experience and use it to make myself harder; like forging myself in the fires of kidney stones!
Wait, what?


With all that relaxing, thinking, stewing, pacing, brewing comes a stream of Virgo productivity (and lulls of craziness).  I've still not found a few lost items through my swarms of cleaning (camera charger, where art thou!?), but I have made a few to-do lists and I've had a few epiphanies.  One of those would be my upcoming launch of a fun homemade project I've been working on for some time...


I DEMAND A SHRUBBERY!
Logos, trademarks, recipes, published books, articles, photo sessions and so much more are in the mix but it feels good to finally have birthed the concept into the world and have it out of me. Now, with the help of friends/family and support systems, this time next year should be interesting.  It's funny how our health journey can lead us to WHO WE REALLY ARE.

An Artist and Foodie.

Comments

Popular Posts