Animal Totems

Lately I've been doing mini-readings on social media and the Animal Spirit deck is by far the most popular. I know people can easily empathize with the animal visuals and the art is breath-taking; but there seems to be more to it.

I think the Full Moon in Sagittarius brings a pull of imagination to Mother Earth, a yearning to get out into nature and reconnect. So, the Animal Spirit Cards, illustrated by the famous Susan Boulet, are always a popular hit.



Interestingly enough, I've started to include them into my personal readings and I find that I see animals more, suggested and non-suggested, that I had been.  I'm not TRYING to see animals, but instead I'm spending more time on the recollection of their recent use in a reading and then I realize it's the THIRD time I've seen a toad today.




I'm hoping that those who love animism and symbolism with other species as much as I do, will share some of their favorite totem/spirit animals and WHY they feel it speaks to them.

Recently, it's been the toad and the Peacock for me. However, I always have certain animals that call to me throughout many stages of life.

Comments

Popular Posts