Trying to START a New Routine : How the Heck to really make it work?!

Declan at just about 2 years old... not much has changed. You still wake up with a child in your bed and tired...
Morning shakes: Frozen bag of fruit, 1 buck yogurt, ice, almond milk, herbs, veggies, fruit - blend. 
I also believe that flexing and the shameless selfie should get at least 30 bonus points = don't we feel ridiculous?

Then comes trying to find the TIME and PLACE to not be interrupted by the BUSTLE...

What my current morning routine looks like. 
I'm recovering from two babies, PCOS, diastasis recti (4.3 inches to 1.89 without surgery) and just 'getting back into the swing' of things. I used to be an athlete; boxing, tennis, gymnastics, cheer leading, dance, even some swimming from time to time.  I played soccer for fun and always had a flat belly until I turned 27 and had my first child. The four inch gap in my abdominal wall post baby made it impossible to function, let alone get back into 'shape'.  I did a lot of walking, a ton of stretching, but even after nearly 100 hours of PT... it has been time and the small daily routine of core strength that has gotten me to under a 2 inch gap and back to feeling like I can start lifting weights!  Having a baby changes your body from the inside out - getting back into shape takes daily work. 

It also takes mental work. Letting go, giving up the guilt and shame for something your body naturally did that should be revered as the amazing thing it is.  I like to turn up the "I'm sick and tired of all the photoshop!" and be blessed in the body I am in and know that it is growing and getting stronger. 

Comments

Popular Posts