A brief Thank You


So today is "National Military Spouse Day" or something like that. My whole family is mostly made of Marines and therefore it was interesting to see how different an ARMY man was.  His spirit wasn't beaten, then again the Mr. is terribly unique and strong-willed, but a different form of training all together.  My husband worked with his hands, was a great shot and spent almost nine years in the military though he'd never tell you.  He works hard to be humble about his identity and to 'live in the present' and that is just one of the values I admire.  He is patient, kind, and never makes me feel guilty when struggling through the related issues with PCOD and my recent struggles with severe anxiety.  Depression sat in this past winter and Brandon remained strong.  After ER visits, doctors poking and prodding, he remained soft and strong.  When he could have dropped me off at the door, he often carried the kids inside to make sure we were all together and that he was in the 'know'.

I'm a VIRGO and that means I worry until I'm sick and when my plans don't go to perfection, I feel like a failure.  It was this night in particular that instigated the change in social media.  Distancing myself from my phone, from toxic people and to take very seriously that my anxiety attacks were not just a figment of my 'weak mind' and imagination.  I felt as though I was having a heart attack and without hesitation or annoyance my husband cancelled his night out with friends to join me in the ER (on a Friday no less).  He's a saint and quite frankly is a pillar of strength for me to be so raw and exposed. He makes me feel beautiful even when I've lately felt my worst.  When I think I'm in the darkest of depressions, between hazy tears and melted mascara, he stands there with a smile and reminds me that I am loved.

I hope to go more into the anxiety struggle and also my PCOD but first, just a 'thank you' to the person who helps me make anything I do, possible.

It takes a village. Seriously.

Comments

Popular Posts