Read a Book - Any Book (National Read a Book Day)

For the last few years, I've done what my dad calls 'wrench-it reading'.  It's where I am so grossly interrupted that I spend more time reading OVER my last few pages to catch up than I do actually making any forward progress. Back and forth, books getting misplaced or wet, lost or just given up on.  When my kids were really small, I just accepted that I might not ever read another book again.





However, in the past few months, the boys are getting better about staying quietly in bed until the sandman comes. This means, of course, that adult time is slowly creeping back into my reality.  Hiding cookies, nibbling snacks, flirting with my husband or opening that book I've been wanting to read!

I have a stack about six books deep now and I'm anxious to get into each of them soon. I look forward to snow fall, days at school with soup bubbling and an open book. I can hardly contain my excitement.

Right now I'm reading: The Science of Evil, Recovery from our Addictions, Choke, Essays to Ruin Everything and a few more pieces written by friends!

I'm hoping you'll post your to-read list below and share some good reads for my holidays and winter weather. I also hope you'll get a chance to buy HAUNTED BY THE ABYSS (my first published book) as it goes out of print while I work on the sequel.  I also have QUANTUM PARAPSYCHOLOGY that was released in 2017 and is being reviewed by Ghost Hunters and online investigators! 




Comments

Popular Posts