An Apple a Day...

I do honestly try to ingest at least one apple a day, but I'm also picky when it comes to this particular snack. These past few years I've been spoiled with visits to the Apple Orchard up the way, the home to Honeycrisp apples, and the selection is delightful.  I make apple butter with the extras and slice them into my salads, onto my toast, chutneys for my pork chops and late night slices sprinkled with cinnamon; you can't go wrong.

I adore apples.
Some of my favorite quick snacks are just to put a slice or two into a crescent dough with some cinnamon and sugar and cook as usual. 

Juice or blend an apple and ginger into a smoothie, freeze into an apple sorbet or chutneys on ANY bacon/pork cut will make for the best savory/sweet edible.

If you're a morning person, looking to brighten up your oatmeal, try this:
Cutting up an apple in cubes and tossing some butter, cinnamon, honey, apples into a hot skillet. Brown the sugar and butter and toss the apples for a few moments. Add a dallop of cream/milk and a cup of steel cut oats and toss for a few seconds, serve into a bowl. As it cools the oatmeal absorbs that apple-butter flavor and the sugar coats the fruit. A sprinkle of salt to finish is divine.





Here's to keeping the doctor away this year. *Chomp*

Comments

Popular Posts